Saturday, April 11, 2009

2: My Mediocre Music

I'm too lazy to re-write all this, so I copied and pasted this from a forum I frequent.

In chronological order (so from worst to best, basically);

Whatcha Got Zeke?(2007/08)

1. Let's All Go To The Lobby (1:58) 
2. Old Bitch (2:46) 
3. The Overlook (0:52) 
4. Yum Yum (5:00) 
5. The Screaming of the Lambs (2:24) 
6. Right the Fuck In (1:13) 
7. Too Rare To Die (1:27)  

I'd say the worst stuff that I've done. I was just getting to grips with the program and this was the fuckabout I came up with. Not absolutely terrible, but really immature. Too many film quotes and that, and I was trying too hard to make up drums and stuff. I really wish I recorded The Screaming of the Lambs in better quality, but I lost the Ableton file out of incompetence. 




Neon Workout (2008)

1. Quantum Stretches (2:09) 
2. Spacejog (1:02) 
3. Cosmic Cycle Machine (1:10) 
4. Bath (Release) (3:25)  

An improvement on the first one. S'alright like. I was in a good mood when I wrote this stuff. Bath is nice. 




Merry Christmas (2008)

1. Silent Night (4:05)
2. 12 Days of Christmas (5:36)
3. Jingle Bells (5:52)


I made these three songs over 2 or 3 days at christmas and liked 'em together so I put them in a .rar and slapped them on mediafire. The most ambient stuff I've done for definite. Complete absence of any beat. 




The Admirable Crichton (2009)

1. Ultra-Marine Blue 
2. Wrecked 
3. The Admirable Crichton 
4. Coconuts for Luncheon (1:00) 
5. Gov' 
6. In Pursuit of Tweeny 
7. Rescue 
8. Crichton Once More 
9. Escape  

Loosely based off this odd kafka-esque feeling I got from watching the terrible 1950's comedy/drama, The Admirable Crichton. Also, the first thing I did where I actually planned the album out. All the tracks bar 6 and 4 were written with the intent of putting it in this specific album and fitting the start and end into that order. 4 and 6 are two tracks I had recorded that I felt would balance out the album a bit. If you listen to only one thing from this list, let it be this. 




I'm currently working on an abstract musical interpretation of Kafka's The Castle, and I'll post tracks in progress if there's any interest.  

FEEDBACK WANTED AND ENCOURAGED POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment